Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Plague Spring in High Country

I will not abandon you
In the underworld. Wait here.

Enjoy the sun while it shines
And savor the blue, blank sky.

The weather will be changing soon,
But first I have things to do

Besides telling you stories
Using tree shadows and lights.

Turrell was right. If I use
Light for a story, I’m not

Using the power of light.
Stay here and dream in the light.

When the sundials of the pines
Reverse direction, it’s time.

Look for me, then. Everything
This countryside needs, I’ll bring.

Snowmelt rivulets and tarns.
Sweet smells. Old wet soil. Fresh leaves.

Birds that sing insistently
As humans believe. I’ll bring

Spring back into everything.
I’ll bring it all back with me.

Even the storm will be green,
Glaistig. You are not diseased.

No comments:

Post a Comment